• Wednesday , 1 October 2014

Inside Harvey, the Best of the Road RV.

We have spent the past few days in a palatial retreat on wheels.  Harvey, the aptly named Best of the Road RV, is our home for the next three weeks and you won’t hear us complaining. Harvey is a 40-foot Fleetwood Discovery that is taking us from state-to-state for a little Best of the Road pre-funk.  Harvey is also HUGE.  He has one full-slide and one half-slide, meaning that he can expand outward, giving us double the amount of space.  Check out the difference below…

This is what the interior looks like while the coach is moving.  The slides are pulled in and it’s a little cozy.

40 foot Fleetwood RV

Harvey with his slides pulled in while we’re on the road.

Here’s what Harvey looks like with both of his slides out.  It is a staggering difference!  I can do cartwheels around the living area.

Inside a 40 foot Fleetwood RV

Harvey’s interior in all its glory.

The beautiful Fleetwood coach comes with all the amenities of home.  We have a stocked kitchen complete with full-size fridge, microwave, sink, oven, and stove.  We even have a plasma screen TV in case one needs a little distraction while in the kitchen.  Don’t be alarmed.  If you don’t want to watch TV in the kitchen, you can watch it in the master bedroom, in either bunk bed, at the front of the coach, or on the OUTSIDE itself.  That’s a total of six TVs.  SIX.

Full slide RV kitchen

Our beautiful kitchen with one of our many TVs.

Directly across from the kitchen is our dining and reclining area.  I’ve grappled with sleeping on the couch instead of my bed.  It’s just too comfortable.  It actually pulls out into a queen bed and I just might try it out this evening.

Fleetwood Journey RVAs it is our first time living on board an RV, we were a little worried about what the bathroom situation would be like.  Would there be a shower?  Will there be enough water?  Will the water be hot?

What we’ve learned is that it’s pretty much just a regular bathroom with the exception of extra switches that one needs to flip to get the water running.  We compare it to being on a ship.  You wouldn’t want to have a 30 minute shower, but the water is hot and it definitely does the job.

Shower in an RV

Just like home.

The other perks of our Fleetwood Journey RV?  A washer AND dryer, full size King bed, bunk beds (score!), and an abundance of storage space.  We are not left wanting, that’s for sure.

Fleetwood RV

RV suiteFleetwood sleeping chambersSo there you have it, the Best of the Road Fleetwood RV.  We are continuing our road trip with our awesome driver, Bob-o, getting everyone excited for this year’s rally.  When we’re not relaxing in the oh-so comfortable chairs, you can find us posted at our computers, getting blog posts and videos ready.  We’re hoping to have some new videos from the road soon.

Blogging on the Fleetwood RV

You can follow all of our adventures in real time by checking into our facebook, twitter, and instagram accounts.  Special thanks to Rand McNally, USA Today, and Fleetwood for this incredible experience.

1. Mike's Road Trip
    May 29, 2012 at 9:10 am - Reply

Looks sweet! How many people are sharing the RV?

May 30, 2012 at 7:21 pm - Reply

For now there is only 3 of us on deck. Come the 15th there will be 6 or 7 people traveling aboard Harvey. Luckily they won’t all be sleeping onboard.

2. Tony Y
    May 30, 2012 at 7:38 am - Reply

You left out what what we consider one of the best features of our 40g. Even when driving, your passengers can use/charge all of those electronic gadgets in your photos thanks to a large bank of batteries and power inverter.

3. Christy @ Technosyncratic
    May 31, 2012 at 6:05 pm - Reply

I thought our RV was swanky, but yours is SWANKY. I mean, a washer and dryer? Six tvs? You two are going to have a hard time leaving that thing!

June 1, 2012 at 4:43 am - Reply

I don’t even like to think about it. Tawny and I are already talking about what we’d have to do to get our own.

June 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm - Reply

You’re telling us! We only have a couple of days left and we’re already missing it. I think we’ve become addicted to the RV lifestyle though.

4. Amanda
    May 31, 2012 at 8:05 pm - Reply

Wow, talk about traveling in style!

But wait… does this mean you guys aren’t coming to TBEX anymore??

June 1, 2012 at 4:40 am - Reply

We will be a touch delayed, but we’ll be there. Don’t think you’re getting out of hanging out that easily.

June 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm - Reply

It’s luxury at its finest! TBEX is still a go. Chris will get in on the 15th and I’ll be following behind on the 16th. I’ll miss some of the good stuff but I better see you! :)

5. Suzanne
    June 1, 2012 at 8:26 pm - Reply

There is more room in this RV than in your apartment in South Korea, isn’t there? And the fridge is bigger than mine! I am jealous.

• Lisa
      June 5, 2012 at 8:06 pm - Reply

That’s exactly what I was thinking! Completely palatial compared to the Korean bathroom — after that one, I can’t imagine you actually worrying about bathrooms.

What a swanky apartment. What kind of fuel mileage does it get, though?

June 11, 2012 at 1:43 pm - Reply

Seriously! We’re in heaven here. The gas mileage is, well… you know. We were getting 150 miles to the gallon when we were going downhill the other day ;)

6. mark
    June 2, 2012 at 6:41 pm - Reply

you can just park it and live in it!!

June 24, 2012 at 7:29 am - Reply

holy cow, you two. when you were talking about this at TBEX i was thinking ‘good for you but that is no Lola getaway’. BOY was i wrong. that RV is sick. who knew they could be so tricked out?! now, can i get a hot driver that likes to give foot massages?

June 24, 2012 at 1:02 pm - Reply

OK, so for years, Mr O and I wondered that the hell an RV was. We really couldn’t guess it. Lots of signposts in the US about no RV parking, this, RV that.. (they call them caravans in England). THEN, one day, we drove past an RV seller.. and then there was light. I was always curious to know what they looked like inside.. and now I know, thanks to you :) Did you love it?

9. Raul (ilivetotravel in Twitter)
    June 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm - Reply

Wow, palatial wheels! I had no idea an RV could be so nice. Now when will I get to try one like this?? :)

10. The World Wanderer
    June 24, 2012 at 2:19 pm - Reply

Wow! This I could definitely manage…it’s so much nicer than I expected!

11. Pola (@jettingaround)
    June 24, 2012 at 3:38 pm - Reply

Those are some great digs!! This post brings back memories of camping in Europe with my family. :) RV-ing is such a fun way to get around!

12. D.J. - The World of Deej
    June 24, 2012 at 7:24 pm - Reply

I could definitely make do there for a month or two. I’ve spent some time on my grandfathers boat, and in comparison, you’ve got a penthouse!:)

June 25, 2012 at 8:55 am - Reply

this is pretty much all the hubs wants to do in life, and i think i could get behind it if our rv looked like this. it’s bigger than our nyc apartment!!! (though, most places are). love that you guys did this.

14. Craig Zabransky
    June 25, 2012 at 11:09 am - Reply

I can’t believe there was a washer and dryer too. Insane. What a pimped out ride. Hopefully you and Harvey had a blast.
    stay adventurous, Craig

15. Francesca
    June 25, 2012 at 3:31 pm - Reply

I definitely have RV envy. I always thought I wanted an Aistream. Nut uh… I want my very own Harvey! Looks amazing!

16. Fiona
    June 25, 2012 at 4:07 pm - Reply

Wow really looks like a ‘home away from home’ – very luxurious indeed!

17. John
    June 26, 2012 at 7:01 pm - Reply

Wow this looks awesome! It’s nicer than my apartment. Not a bad place to call home…

June 30, 2012 at 5:51 am - Reply

That thing is SWEET! I think I could even “rough” it and RV around the country in that. LOVE!

19. RV AJ
    February 19, 2013 at 7:57 pm - Reply

Awesome setup. I found your site looking for RV bunk beds and this is the post it took me to. Way to go google! I found myself reading several of your posts. Great blog!