• Saturday , 1 November 2014

You were a rockstar, 2012.

We had been attempting to write one of those cliche “year in review” posts for the past two weeks.  Needless to say, it never happened.  Christmas, sleigh rides, hot chocolate binges, brunch, and good times with great friends happened instead.  We’re not angry about our vacation from blogging, but we didn’t want to leave 2012 with nothing.  It was an epic year, after all.

We decided that they best way to pay homage the past year is to showcase its glory in pictures.  Without further ado, our epic 2012.

56 bowls of pho consumed

photo

3 blasts from the past

Captain and Clark explore the world Captain and Clark time travel Captain and clark explore the globe

15 nights spent in an RV

rand mcnally captain and clark

2 EPIC hikes

hiking the Grand Canyontawny clark and christopher staudinger

1 Rand McNally atlas appearance

Captain and Clark Rand McNally atlas

679 cups of coffee imbibed

captain chris and tawny clark

2 trips to NYC

Captain Chris Tawny Clark

3 Travel Channel Stars met

travel channel captain and clark Captain and CLarkAdam Richman Captain and Clark interview Travel channel

33 dogs pet

Elephants with Captain and Clark

-and-

177 Times we’ve played themed Catan

IMG_0181

1. Kay Dougherty
    January 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm - Reply

That was quite a year! You forgot to mention winning the GoWithOh contest – that was very cool too! Hope you meet you somewhere one of these days.

Happy New Year!

K
    Kay Dougherty recently posted…Home Exchange? Home Away?My Profile

2. Kieu ~ GQ trippin
    January 2, 2013 at 3:10 pm - Reply

Hahaha.. love this! You might have had more bowls of pho than Gerard and I combined.. and we’re Vietnamese! I’m glad you had only 1 proposal.. let’s keep it that way. Cheers to another awesome year! When are you two heading to Paris (finally!)?
    Kieu ~ GQ trippin recently posted…2012: The Best Year of Our LivesMy Profile

3. A Cook Not Mad (Nat)
    January 2, 2013 at 5:43 pm - Reply

Yay! Congratulations on the engagement!
    A Cook Not Mad (Nat) recently posted…You Ate 1098 Meals in 2012My Profile

4. Hogga
    January 3, 2013 at 6:21 am - Reply

Any year with 1000 monkeys sounds amazing. Happy New year!

5. Emme Rogers @ Roamancing
    January 5, 2013 at 7:01 pm - Reply

An epic year I’d say. Congrats on the engagement!
    Emme Rogers @ Roamancing recently posted…Creating Future Travelers at the Toronto ZooMy Profile

6. Camels & Chocolate
    January 8, 2013 at 6:19 am - Reply

Best year-in-review post I’ve seen! I’m partial to the flapper dress, though–further evidence I would get along swimmingly with you two.
    Camels & Chocolate recently posted…Give Back: Support Education in East AfricaMy Profile

7. nikki
    January 8, 2013 at 11:34 am - Reply

Great way to show off one amazing year! However, I expected way more coffee out of you two!

8. Nick
    January 10, 2013 at 5:25 pm - Reply

Sounds like an awesome year! I hope I get to ride a camel at some point this year. Where did you guys do that at?
    Nick recently posted…Plans & Goals For 2013 (Who’s Excited?!?)My Profile

9. Ryan - Pause The Moment
    January 10, 2013 at 5:31 pm - Reply

1. Again, congrats on the engagement! 2. Those toilets really do look suspicious. 3. Love the last photo of us playing Catan. You guys ROCK! Hope to cross paths again this year.
    Ryan – Pause The Moment recently posted…PHOTO: Missing Fiji!My Profile

10. Elliot B.
    January 10, 2013 at 5:37 pm - Reply

This was a great way to show off your year! Very different. Thanks for sharing. I gotta ask though, the first photo in the “2 epic hikes” section, was that Waimea Canyon on Kauai? Looks very similar. Anyways, love the post. Can only imagine what next year will have.

January 11, 2013 at 12:32 pm - Reply

I decree 2012 the year of Captain and Clark.

That is all.
    Leah Travels recently posted…Money Saving Tips for Paris {or Any City}My Profile

12. Rebecca
    January 12, 2013 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Wow, what an awesome year! Have just discovered your blog and am looking forward to going back and reading your tales :-)
    Rebecca recently posted…Getting into the Goroka FestivalMy Profile

January 13, 2013 at 10:51 am - Reply

What a year – and love it how you did your 2012 post! Are you sure about the cups of coffee…?

Hope you have a fab 2013!
    @mrsoaroundworld recently posted…Photos of the Week – Best Views of 2012 #FrifotosMy Profile

14. Colleen Brynn
    January 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm - Reply

Haha I love this! What a great way to recap a year!
    Colleen Brynn recently posted…Just Another Optometry PunMy Profile

15. Amanda
    January 14, 2013 at 11:57 am - Reply

An epic year indeed. Here’s to an even more epic 2013! (And let’s hope our paths cross at least once during it!)
    Amanda recently posted…The Hogmanay Torchlight ProcessionMy Profile

January 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm - Reply

oh my god, those toilet photos. my retnas are pissed.
    the lazy travelers recently posted…no travel requiredMy Profile

January 15, 2013 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I think one of those pictures tops my year. Great photo year in review essay. Look forward to 2013.
    Traveling Ted recently posted…Stand up paddle surfing is a new style of adventure travelMy Profile

18. Pola (@jettingaround)
    January 20, 2013 at 3:41 pm - Reply

Great coffee shots! :) You had a great year and I wish you another awesome one!
    Pola (@jettingaround) recently posted…Photo of the Week: On the trail in Boulder, ColoradoMy Profile

19. gabi
    January 23, 2013 at 1:05 am - Reply

you guys are clearly too cool for words. enjoyed my ‘page flipping’ on your blog. how much longer do you two intend on traveling. congrads on the engagement.
    captain and clark, it really is so, nice to meet you. i’m so very excited to have found you due to our travel blog award contest. you were nominated for the 2012 most inspirational travel blog award and are now in the run-offs.
    from jan 27 to feb 5, you can ask people to vote for your blog so that you can be one of the 23 out of the nominated 50 to win.

you can check it out here: http://thenomadicfamily.com/2013/01/2012-best-travel-blog-finalistis-need-a-bit-of-help-to-wi/ . good luck to you lauren! happy belated new year… gabi and family, in dalat, vietnam
    gabi recently posted…2012 Best Travel Blog Award Finalists Need A Bit Of Help To Win- The Nomadic Family World Travel Blog, Budget Travel With KidsMy Profile

20. Lance
    February 22, 2013 at 7:23 am - Reply

WOW! What a year! Thanks for sharing all of your experiences with us. We’re insanely jealous of your journeys.
    Lance recently posted…Ephesus and Pamukkale, TurkeyMy Profile