• Thursday , 2 October 2014

A London apartment fit for a king.

We recently won the chance to “Go with Oh” and stay in different apartment rentals across Europe. Our first flat was the most charming little number right in the heart of West London. Literally half a block away from the District Line stop at Ravenscourt and situated on top of a cafe, we couldn’t have asked for a better locale.

apartment rental in London

I wouldn’t have considered myself an apartment stay kind of guy before this trip. Yet now, ex post facto, I don’t know how I’ve lived this long without doing more of these. This particular apartment ran for 37 pound a night. Considering how much cheaper that was than a normal hotel room would be enough to satisfy me.  I’ve stayed in London rooms before and it’s great to have a whole flat and to not have to spoon your backpack at night because there is not enough space.

Living in the apartment has really opened up the chances for Tawny and I to live like a local. In the last week we’ve skipped a lot of the more tourist-aimed attractions and gone out with friends from London and also hit up the local pubs. Every morning we went out to stroll through Kensington Gardens, and then off to tea or a pint (usually a pint).

great locations in London

Morning strolls through Kensington Gardens

Ravenscourt was a super posh neighborhood. It was half a block’s walk to the main tube line and a ten minute ride into central London. We had the quite and calm of a suburb with all the excitement of the city just a stone’s throw away. I loved it.

Now I can hardly wait to see what the other apartments this month are going to look like. Be sure to check out our Tumblr. We’re updating everyone on the journey in real-time. Be sure to check out Go with Oh too.  They boast a huge range of apartment rentals in Europe. If you’re considering accommodation for your next trip it’s worth looking into.

Exploring London like a local

While Go with Oh sponsored our stay at this apartment as a part of the competition, our opinions are entirely our own.

1. Tracy Z
    March 16, 2013 at 2:45 pm - Reply

I’ve considered trying Go with Oh in the past but was never sure how I’d do with apartment stays either, esp since I’m so accustomed to hotels. But this post makes the experience seem very promising! Enjoy London!

March 17, 2013 at 8:18 am - Reply

We’ve started to really enjoy apartment stays. It’s so nice to feel like you’re living in a place, if only for a couple of days. Definitely let us know if you give it a try. We’d love to hear your feedback :)

2. The Pinay Solo Backpacker
    March 16, 2013 at 9:17 pm - Reply

cool! looks like a spacious flat. i agree, sometimes its nice to stay in apartments when traveling. love the Kensington Garden photo,dreamy!
    The Pinay Solo Backpacker recently posted…A Peek Inside S.E.A AquariumMy Profile

March 17, 2013 at 4:57 am - Reply

That looks nice! Sorry we didn’t end up meeting, guys!

March 17, 2013 at 8:17 am - Reply

We’re sad that we missed you! Looks like we’ll have to come back.

4. Kent @ NVR
    March 17, 2013 at 8:15 am - Reply

Makes me miss London.

But NOT London prices :)
    Kent @ NVR recently posted…Finding the Chill in Hawaii and Costa RicaMy Profile

5. Sara GowithOh
    March 18, 2013 at 1:24 am - Reply

Another great video! You two look like real British people ;-)
    You even cook like locals, that feast looks amazing! Still wishing we were there!

6. thelazytravelers
    March 18, 2013 at 11:18 am - Reply

the apartment looks great and i looove the picture of the canal! hope you had a great time in london!
    thelazytravelers recently posted…rtw rookies: the north shore kick-offMy Profile

7. Pola (@jettingaround)
    March 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm - Reply

I like the red kitchen! Ahh, London… I miss it!!
    Pola (@jettingaround) recently posted…Photo of the Week: Rooftop view of San DiegoMy Profile

8. Raul (@ilivetotravel in Twitter)
    March 19, 2013 at 5:41 pm - Reply

Glad you guys tried this out. I have stayed in apts in many countries I have visited and not only is it cheaper and more convenient (e.g., access to washer) but it also somehow makes me wander around more local parts not just the touristy ones. Enjoy the rest of the places you will stay!
    Raul (@ilivetotravel in Twitter) recently posted…Kilimanjaro Hike: Day 2 – The Moorlands and Shira CampMy Profile

March 19, 2013 at 6:02 pm - Reply

Sweet video! Could you grab me one of those Union Jack pillows!

10. Ayngelina
    March 25, 2013 at 7:15 pm - Reply

I love staying in apartments too, it really makes travel so much more relaxing to go back to a “home” with more space than a hotel room.
    Ayngelina recently posted…Making friends in PorvooMy Profile

11. Colleen Brynn
    April 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm - Reply

That looks so cozy! I love that it was right next to a coffee shop… I’m officially looking into this for my boyfriend and me when we go to Europe this summer together (he’s never been… and isn’t too keen on hostels). I think this would be a perfect change of pace from spooning my backpack…
    Colleen Brynn recently posted…Ultimate Guide: Madrid (Cuatro)My Profile

12. RCL Properties
    May 6, 2013 at 10:33 pm - Reply

Wow that is a VERY british themed apartment, but I could deal with it for 37 quid a night – that is cheap and imo way better than a hotel – for the price, privacy, and convenience of living.