Wedding Ring or Harry Potter Wand?

Alder wood and antler with a titanium core. If I were to just drop that sentence into a conversation you probably would have no idea what I was talking about. Or you might think that I was explaining the wand I received at Ollivander’s wand shop before enrolling at Hogwarts.

In fact, it is the ring I chose for the upcoming nuptials.

unique wedding rings for menThis incredible design is brought to us by the genius behind Stag Head Designs in Utah. His mission is to take salvaged items, such as shed antlers and symbolic wood, and fashion it into creative and fashionable items.

wood wedding ring for menI knew that I wanted a ring that was made of wood. A ring, is the symbol of the union. For me, I wanted something that wouldn’t last forever. I know that seems ironic, but I wanted a ring that would take renewal. I’m of the opinion that a marriage isn’t something that you say the words and then you’re good for eternity. If it is anything like the relationship that led to the marriage then it will take work and a lot of it. My upcoming union with Tawny is something I want to last forever, the symbol of that union is something that I want to require maintenance, love, and concern. Sure, a wooden ring will get dinged and eventually decay. When it does, I’ll replace it, and take a second honeymoon, and remind Tawny how much I love her, and renew my vow to our life together.

The final countdown is on now and I feel confident in the ring. Good thing.

Captain and Clark weddingWhat about you? With all the options out there, tungsten, titanium, gold, etc. what would you want in a ring?

1. Hogga
    August 27, 2013 at 5:50 am - Reply

LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Hogga recently posted…Street Art in Montreal: Notre-Dame-de-Grâce MuralMy Profile

2. Mark Clark
    August 27, 2013 at 6:54 am - Reply

Love the Ring

3. Colleen Brynn
    August 27, 2013 at 9:49 pm - Reply

Gah, so romantic.
    Colleen Brynn recently posted…How To Shop For A LopapeysaMy Profile

4. alana
    September 5, 2013 at 5:12 am - Reply

Nice thought. Even I believe that the wedding is the symbol of love and commitments. In fact the true sense of a ring is going hands in hands. Well, congratulations, you’ re implementing the true sense of a wedding ring.

5. Mike and Tara Myers
    September 5, 2013 at 6:41 am - Reply

Love the simplicity of your ring choice. We too opted for simple titanium rings: 1st, they are indestructible 2nd, they are simple much like us. We have been following you for sometime on Instagram and are inspired by your energy and your enthusiasm for life. Keep dreaming and traveling!

Live big, kiss often…

Mike and Tara Myers
    kissingtour.com

6. jill
    September 11, 2013 at 10:29 pm - Reply

Our wedding rings are made of wood as well. They’re petrified wood though so they’re super hard and durable. Honestly we don’t wear them (can’t get used to the feeling of rings) so in a way they will last forever. BUT they do need to be worn every now and then because the oil in our hands help prevent them from drying out. That was partly what attracted us in the end – the idea of a marriage needs work and care so it doesn’t dry out.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptial, guys!
    jill recently posted…What’s On My Iphone: 9 Travel and Photography Apps I Can’t Live WithoutMy Profile

7. Natalie T.
    September 13, 2013 at 4:24 am - Reply

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I like this idea of renewal. Very cool and it seems to fit your personality. But there’s going to be a wand, right? 🙂
    Natalie T. recently posted…New Years Resolutions Update: August, 2013My Profile

8. James Cook
    September 15, 2013 at 11:35 am - Reply

I love the idea of the ring aging with your relationship and having to be repaired.

9. Jeff
    September 25, 2013 at 1:32 am - Reply

There is love in the air. You must be enjoying your honeymoon.
    Jeff recently posted…Maximize Your Vacation by Choosing the Right Flight ScheduleMy Profile

10. Michael
    September 26, 2013 at 1:08 am - Reply

Interesting!
    Michael recently posted…Belgium – Go for the Beer. Stay for the Beer.My Profile

11. Stephanie Friedersdorff
    October 1, 2013 at 11:22 am - Reply

That is so amazing! Absolutely love this. The poster was my favorite part actually, with the knot and stag. 😀