" />

Life at home

Life at home returning home from travel

Yesterday we napped. Now, it wasn’t just any old nap. It was a nap in our very own apartment, on our ridiculously large California king sized bed, and at that magical hour in the afternoon where the honey-colored sun is pouring though the window with a light breeze wafting through the room. It should be added that this nap happened on all of our fresh-out-of-the-dryer laundry.

Being home is something that cannot be replicated. Having your own space, being on your own clock, and accidentally falling asleep on a warm pile of laundry is a luxury that we often take for granted. It’s been six weeks since we returned from Maui and we have soaked up every minute of our time at home.

I am incredibly grateful for the life that Chris and I are blessed to live. Traveling across the world, experiencing new cultures, and tasting exotic foods is a dream I’ve always had and one that I’ve had the privilege of living. I am so grateful. I will always be grateful. That being said, life at home has been magical. And while I’m itching to hit the road again, afternoon naps with the one I love in our own apartment will always be cherished.

1. JJ De Niro
    July 6, 2014 at 5:00 pm - Reply

Couldn’t agree with you more! Traveling is one thing… fantastic new adventures… but there is NOTHING like your coming back to your own bed w all your stuff in your drawers! Enjoy the comforts of home and call me when you get to Italy or KeyWest!
    JJ De Niro recently posted…Ice Hotel Sweden to Celebrate New Years Eve 2013-2014My Profile

2. Best holiday destinations
    July 7, 2014 at 4:21 am - Reply

Thanks for posting nice views…

3. Candice @ The Let's Go Ladies
    July 7, 2014 at 7:59 am - Reply

That first night’s sleep after having been travelling for weeks is SO wonderful. As much as I love travelling, there’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed, is there?
    Candice @ The Let’s Go Ladies recently posted…8 Sailor Moon Locations to Visit in TokyoMy Profile

July 7, 2014 at 11:11 am - Reply

You nailed it! There really isn’t anything like being in your own bed after a long trip. It’s even better to wake up and know where you are 🙂

4. suki
    July 7, 2014 at 10:48 am - Reply

Definitely love the time spent at home. Especially since we’re more introverted and need to be in a comfortable space to recharge. PLUS, naps are the best! 🙂
    suki recently posted…June 2014 in PicturesMy Profile

July 7, 2014 at 11:13 am - Reply

YES! I (Tawny) am an introvert as well and I desperately need at least a week to recharge after a long trip. I literally just want to stay at home, read a good book, and listen to music. If I don’t take the time to recharge I often become calloused and angry. It’s so good that you know what you need in order to be happy. And yes, naps are the BEST!

5. Jeff
    July 11, 2014 at 5:08 am - Reply

Last week we managed to buy our own condo. We are hoping from next week we’ll be able to relax and take a nap in our own bed.

July 11, 2014 at 8:54 pm - Reply

It’s all possible now! We hope you relish in having your own space. Sounds like you’re going to love it. We see many naps in your future 🙂

6. Clay
    July 11, 2014 at 7:25 am - Reply

Honestly, one of the best parts about traveling is arriving back at your house, as counter-intuitive as that sounds. There is nothing better than being able to raid your own refrigerator (anytime you want!) and being able to sleep on your own bed!
    Clay recently posted…The Dreamers ListMy Profile

July 11, 2014 at 9:02 pm - Reply

Exactly! We couldn’t agree more. There’s something so nice about being able to do what you want in your own place. Raid that fridge!

7. Meghan
    August 3, 2014 at 7:13 pm - Reply

As a perpetual traveler, I don’t have a home base, but I hope to have one in the next few years in British Columbia. I long to have the same experience you have, haven’t had it in a while…