Iceland: A treat for the eyes.

Okay. So, we’ve officially been back from Iceland for almost a week and we haven’t posted anything. In our defense, we have hundreds of pictures to sort though and we had such an incredible time that we don’t even know where to begin. We will say that Iceland is one of the most magical places that we’ve ever been and we’ve already vowed to go back in the future.

This past week has been spent uploading photos and footage while recovering from minor jet lag. Not wanting to leave you with nothing, we’ve decided to post a little sample of the beauty that we encountered while in Iceland. All of these pics are from our Instagram feed so our apologies if you’ve already seen them. If you haven’t, you might want to grab your sunglasses because some of these pictures are so damn HOT they might burn your retinas.

Behold, we bring you Iceland.

Yes, the Blue Lagoon is just as gorgeous in real life as it is in pictures.

Yes, the Blue Lagoon is just as gorgeous in real life as it is in pictures.

The wharf in Reykjavik is a great place for an evening walk.

The wharf in Reykjavik is a great place for an evening walk.

Our Icelandair hotel in Reykjavik had the decor of our dreams.

Our Icelandair hotel in Reykjavik had the decor of our dreams.

Our Icelandair breakfast was fit for a Viking king.

Our Icelandair breakfast was fit for a Viking king.

We encountered waterfalls.

We encountered waterfalls.

And adorable Icelandic horses (NOT ponies).

And adorable Icelandic horses (NOT ponies).

And a U.S. Navy airplane wreckage.

And a U.S. Navy airplane crash site.

We enjoyed numerous slumbers at various Icelandic Farm Holidays properties.

We enjoyed numerous slumbers at various Icelandic Farm Holidays properties.

While taking in Iceland's jaw-dropping landscape.

While taking in Iceland’s jaw-dropping landscape.

We indulged in creamy farm made ice cream.

We indulged in creamy farm made ice cream.

And we drank countless cups of coffee

And we drank countless cups of coffee

While taking in Iceland's jaw-dropping landscape.

While taking in Iceland’s jaw-dropping landscape.

We took a road trip to the south (and picked up hitchhikers).

We took a road trip to the south (and picked up hitchhikers).

We ate yummy hot dogs.

We ate yummy hot dogs.

And we explored churches

And we explored churches

All while taking in Iceland's jaw-dropping landscape

All while taking in Iceland’s jaw-dropping landscape

Tiny Iceland showed us around Reykjavik (and took us to get tattoos).

Tiny Iceland showed us around Reykjavik (and took us to get tattoos).

We soaked ourselves in geothermal hot springs.

We soaked ourselves in geothermal hot springs.

We explored black sand beaches

We explored black sand beaches

All while

All while taking in Iceland’s jaw-dropping landscape

So, yeah. It’s safe to say that Iceland is so pretty it hurts. We hope you enjoyed our pictures and we can’t wait to share more of our adventure with you. Be sure to check back here again soon as we have stories about trolls, haunted Viking caves, and Lola’s quest to become an elf whisperer.

Have you been to Iceland? Is it a place you would want to see for yourself? Let us know in the comment section below.

We decided to travel to Iceland because it’s been on our bucket list for years and we found ridiculously cheap airfare. While we would have done the trip on our own we were fortunate to partner with Tiny Iceland, Icelandic Farm Holidays, Trawire Mifi, and Sixt Rental Car. As always, all opinions are our own. Le duh.

1. Jen
    March 31, 2014 at 2:59 am - Reply

Great shots guys! Looks like you had a blast. I can’t wait to get to Iceland hopefully in the next year or two. I don’t think there is another country quite like it in the world which makes visiting pretty special. Looking forward to reading more about your experiences!
    Jen recently posted…Destination of the Week – Orlando Theme ParksMy Profile

2. Christine |GrrrlTraveler
    March 31, 2014 at 3:02 am - Reply

Looks like a wonderful experience and those chunks of ice look impressive! Iceland is still on my bucketlist. Hope I can find the cheap airfare too.

3. Savi of Bruised Passports
    March 31, 2014 at 10:05 am - Reply

Great photos – looking forward to reading all your posts about Iceland 🙂
    Savi of Bruised Passports recently posted…Chocolate Afternoon Tea at The Landmark Hotel, LondonMy Profile

4. Lauren Nicholl
    March 31, 2014 at 11:12 am - Reply

Iceland is one of those places whose story is best told through pictures and it looks like you guys did it right from this preview. It’s so captivating and a place I hope to return to many many times. Not surprised you fell in love too. (Shall we add it to our running list of places we should go together?) Thanks for bringing me back for a moment. Looking forward to more photos!

5. Gerard Bao
    March 31, 2014 at 2:15 pm - Reply

We just found out about the free stopover deal in Iceland. Had we known this during our RTW. Iceland would’ve been a stop for sure! Also. That horse reminds me of Bon Jovi. Just sayin.
    Gerard Bao recently posted…Honeymoon plans booked!My Profile

6. Anna
    March 31, 2014 at 3:15 pm - Reply

Pretty! I liked the glacier shots the best!
    Anna recently posted…Raggamuffin Sailing Adventure, Part One – BelizeMy Profile

7. Lizzie
    April 2, 2014 at 1:15 am - Reply

Looks like you had a great time, and great photos too! I really, really need to go to Iceland… soon! I’ve seen so many posts/photos/amazing stories about it recently that it seems ridiculous that I haven’t been yet 🙂

8. Ida
    April 2, 2014 at 10:25 am - Reply

Been to nIceland three (3) times, absolutely love it. I recommend going north, to Akureyri and the surroundings (Lake Myvatn, Dimmu Borgir) as well! And the Snæfelssness peninsula.
    Ida recently posted…Abu Dhabi & Dubai 2013 – volume 3My Profile

9. Michelle
    April 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm - Reply

Wow that looks so cool! I’d love to go to Iceland someday!!

10. Karissa
    April 5, 2014 at 10:16 am - Reply

Hey, loved this post! Both of you are truly an inspiration which is why I began my own travel blog, http://goinglost.com. Though I am only beginning to grasp travel writing and photography, I would love if you will check it out and give me some advice. Thanks!

11. Michael
    April 12, 2014 at 12:44 am - Reply

Iceland is an incredible country. Completely different to anywhere we have been in the world.

12. Raphael Alexander Zoren
    April 13, 2014 at 3:28 pm - Reply

Amazing photos!!! The horses look extremely cute!

13. Veronica
    April 13, 2014 at 4:38 pm - Reply

Wowza these photos are stunning!! I visited the Blue Lagoon years ago, it’s such an experience! Love your photos :).
    Veronica recently posted…How to Stay Fit & Eat Well While TravelingMy Profile

14. Camels & Chocolate
    April 15, 2014 at 8:53 am - Reply

I Couchsurfed through Iceland solo for 8 days in 2007, but I’ve been dying to go back with husband in tow ever since! Loved living vicariously through your Instaposts.
    Camels & Chocolate recently posted…A Fairytale Texas WeddingMy Profile

15. Torsten
    April 24, 2014 at 6:42 pm - Reply

Wow… Some great shots! The Blue Lagoon looks stunning.

Just followed you on Twitter so I can check out more tips!

16. Jessica of Curiosity Travels
    April 27, 2014 at 3:55 am - Reply

I don’t know how I managed to miss out on your guys’ fabulous blog for so long. What rock have I been living under?! I also lived in Korea for a while btw!

I’m just catching up through a bunch of various posts and these photos are beautiful. Ugh, I’ve been dreaming of Iceland this year….it looks so amazing. Hopefully I’ll find time and get there soon!

August 26, 2014 at 1:01 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for stopping by! Where in Korea did you live? Have you been back? We were in Pohang and we miss it so much!

17. Robert Bruce
    May 1, 2014 at 2:57 pm - Reply

Iceland in 2015! That is my mantra for the rest of this year. Are there places you would put on a list to visit for families? Kids under 10? I can’t wait to see the Blue Lagoon and all of the ice. So beautiful.

18. Elaine
    June 24, 2014 at 4:40 pm - Reply

We are leaving in 2 weeks for a road trip around Iceland. Where did you go for your tattoos?we are thinking of getting a tattoo there but want a reputable place!
    Pics are great!
    thanks

19. lokesh
    July 1, 2014 at 2:41 am - Reply

YEA I KNOW iceland is very beautiful pae in our World

20. IoanaIS
    July 22, 2014 at 10:36 pm - Reply

I love your pictures, the landscape is amazing and the hotel looks very interesting. I definitely put Iceland on my travel map as I love the snow and the filling of frozen air. By the way, how cold was it during your stay?

21. Kathy Deslandes
    January 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm - Reply

We spent a week in Iceland last year and definitely plan to return – it’s a long way from Australia!
    We did daytrips from Reykjavik but would hire a car in future.