Our visit to Forks. The land of vampires and werewolves. [video]

It doesn’t matter if you’re team Edward, team Jacob, or team Alice- the small town of Forks will fulfill all of your Twilight fantasies.  We found ourselves with a free day and decided that it was finally time to bite the bullet and head northwest to the once meager town that Stefanie Meyer made so famous.  That’s right, we knowingly and willingly drove ourselves to Forks, Washington- the stomping grounds of Edward Cullen, Bella Swan, and Jacob Black.

So, want to see what we found?  Check out the video below.

Our Twilight Recommendations:

If you ever find yourself headed to Forks, be sure to make a stop at First Beach on the Quileute reservation.  We’ve been there twice and both times it has been stunningly beautiful.  The toughest call you’ll have to make is to decide whether to visit Forks in the daylight (sans vampires) or under the rain and fog.  For true twihards, build up an appetite and head to Bella Italia (in Port Angeles) for some mushroom ravioli and a coke.  You can even roam the streets at night and see if Edward appears.

Have you been to Forks?  What did you think of it?  What would you like to see there?

Twilight at First Beach on the Quileute reservation.

1. Nikki Wynn
    January 2, 2012 at 9:41 am - Reply

Poor Captain, how will you decide which team? I vote team Jacob…he seems better suited to you.

January 2, 2012 at 10:27 am - Reply

Haha! I’m pretty sure Chris is a bigger fan of Jacob. The only person he can’t stand is Bella. So indecisive! 😉

2. DTravelsRound
    January 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm - Reply

I love this. Beautiful footage!

January 6, 2012 at 11:41 pm - Reply

Thank you! We were so fortunate to be there on such a stunningly gorgeous day!

3. Amanda
    January 9, 2012 at 12:11 pm - Reply

Hahahaha, OMG I love this. Part of me wants to go to Forks just to witness the madness first hand. … But then the other (more sensible) part knows that I should stay far, far away.

4. Tiphanya
    January 20, 2012 at 3:03 am - Reply

I discover your blog thanks to Almost Fearless. And I love so much your video that I put a link on my own blog (in French only).

• Tiphanya
      January 20, 2012 at 3:04 am - Reply

Oups I forget to give you the link : http://0z.fr/GRWEn

January 20, 2012 at 8:34 am - Reply

Wow! We’re so glad you liked the video. Forks has definitely transformed over the past few years. It’s interesting to see what the locals think of it all. Tawny speaks French and had fun reading your blog. Thanks for sharing our video 🙂

5. Kaitlin
    May 30, 2013 at 5:58 pm - Reply

You guys are fricken hilarious. I live in Seattle and love all your videos, truly an inspiration to me. I want to start video blogging and would love some advice on the electronics you use, how you got started etc!

Take care!