• Saturday , 25 October 2014

Tree House Bed and Breakfast? Yes please.

Who says adults can’t have tree houses? If you’ve got an active inner-child and a love for the outdoors then give some serious consideration to Vertical Horizons in Cave Junction, OR. This veritable sumer camp for the fun loving amoung us is a great places to stay and play.

They offer 3 different rooms for their bed and breakfast. The Shiitake, the Calypso, and the Cottage offer different views of the surrounding forest. Each one is built in harmony with the tree around them, the Shiitake and the Calypso even have their support trees growing up through them. Each room has a bathroom  en suite (so that you don’t have to go out in the woods per say) and has a surprising amount of space.

Vertical Horizons Captain Chris Staudinger Tawny Clark
The Cottage
Vertical Horizons Captain Chris Staudinger Tawny Clark

The Shiitake

Each room is also brilliantly well lit and has heat.

Vertical Horizons Captain Chris Staudinger Tawny Clark

The Calypso

This is only part of the fun though, Vertical Horizons has it’s own disc golf course, a catch and release fishing pond, and (yes, it’s true) technical tree climbing. Boo yah!

If you love adventure as much as you love nature and want a place to be pampered then this is the number one hotel in Southern Oregon. A chance to get out while still staying in.

Vertical Horizons Captain Chris Staudinger Tawny Clark

A surprising amount of space

Watch more Cave Junction videos at tripfilms.com

Find them here:

3305 Dick George Road  Cave Junction, OR 97523
(541) 592-4751

If you have any information on strange and wild hotels or bed and breakfast leave them in the comments below. We’d love to check them out!

1. Christine
    June 4, 2012 at 9:08 am - Reply

This. Looks. Awesome.

June 11, 2012 at 1:39 pm - Reply

It was even more spectacular in person! You’ve got to check it out whenever you find yourseld in Oregon. :)

2. Captain & Clark
    June 5, 2012 at 4:26 pm - Reply

Right?! We can’t wait to go back! You could actually hear the tree creaking as it swayed back and forth in the wind. Pretty awesome!

3. Janet
    June 7, 2012 at 3:00 am - Reply

I love that its in my home state where I grew up! It reminds me of the computer game MYST too. It’s actually my dream biz to have an eco tree house resort.. Except in the tropics! A little bit Robinson Crusoe style :)

June 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm - Reply

We love your idea! Just be sure to let us know when it happens. A tree house in the tropics sounds divine!

4. Audrey | That Backpacker
    June 9, 2012 at 9:36 pm - Reply

This looks amazing! I would want to sleep in a tree house in the forest. Isn’t that every kid’s dream?! :D

June 11, 2012 at 1:34 pm - Reply

Our sentiments exactly! We can’t wait to go back and hopefully spend more time in the trees. :)

5. Wandergirl
    June 11, 2012 at 7:14 am - Reply

Amazing! That’s is all.

6. Micki@TheBarefootNomad
    June 12, 2012 at 11:28 am - Reply

Just added that to my Places I Want to Stay list. Right up there with the Free Spirit Spheres hanging tree houses by Vancouver.
    Thanks guys!

7. Anna Jin
    June 14, 2012 at 11:53 am - Reply

I just came back from South Africa vacation and tree top lodge is obviously popular there as well. But theirs are more luxurious and formal. This looks much cuter : )
    I would love to compare and contrast.

8. A Cook Not Mad (Nat)
    June 18, 2012 at 1:17 am - Reply

We love treehouses! This place looks awesome!

9. Augustine
    July 17, 2012 at 4:42 am - Reply

This can be a very good experience. There is no harm in trying. I would love to try it even though it looks a bit weired. I live birds and I hope they will come and sing to me whiles I am having sweet dreams.
    Thanks for the post. The look great

10. Katie Martin
    July 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm - Reply

I wish I loved the outdoors more because this looks like so much fun! I especially think the Calypso looks stunning, and I bet being there with all the amazing fresh air and beautifully lit trees is just stellar. It doesn’t surprise me that this is in Southern Oregon; that is a great place for an outdoor-focused bed and breakfast. I hope more people discover and enjoy this place.