• Saturday , 1 November 2014

Getting High at Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving.

All we knew on our last day in Vegas was that we wanted to go out with a bang.  Indoor skydiving fit the bill perfectly.  With a recommendation from Pause the Moment, we decided to visit Vegas Indoor Skydiving, conveniently located right off the strip.  It’s definitely one of the top ten things to do in Vegas.

How to skydive

To be honest, we were a little hesitant to take the plunge as we didn’t want to find ourselves disappointed.  Having both jumped out of a plane before, we weren’t sure if indoor skydiving would be nearly as thrilling.  Well, we weren’t disappointed.  It has all the fun perks of skydiving, but probably a little safer and with a longer free fall.  What more could you ask for?

Check out our video of Vegas Indoor Skydiving below.

Things to know before you indoor skydive:

1. It’s hard NOT to look sexy in your multicolored flight suit.

Everyone is given a special flight suit that allows them catch the necessary air.  The extra fabric will have you looking like a flying squirrel and soaring like one too.  We’d recommend going for the brightest colored one that you can find.  The 80’s are making a comeback.

2. You’re going to drool.

The Vertical Wind Tunnel at Las Vegas Indoor Skydiving is intense.  There’s a strong chance that the second you open your mouth a trail of slobber will follow.  It’s hard not to smile while experiencing the thrill, ergo beware of the dribble.

3. The more relaxed you are, the better you’ll do.

To ensure that you have a successful and enjoyable flight, the best advice we can give you is to relax.  The more loose you are, the better.  Your body will be able to assume its natural position and catch the air.  If you tense up, you’ll redirect the air and you might have a hard time steering yourself.

Vegas indoor skydiving

How to contact Vegas Indoor Skydiving:

Make sure to book your experience at least 48 hours in advance.

Online: www.vegasindoorskydiving.com
Address: 200 Convention Center Dr.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
Phone: 702.731.4768
Twitter: @VegasWindTunnel
Facebook: Vegas Indoor Skydiving on Facebook

June 12, 2012 at 2:20 pm - Reply

we want to try this!!

July 1, 2012 at 3:46 pm - Reply

I’m headed to Vegas over Labor Day, and although I’ve probably been 40+ times, I’ve never done anything like this. I thought I might zip line down Fremont Street, but this might take it’s place. It’ll be the closest I get to jumping out of a plane. I’m SO scared of heights. Looks like fun!

3. Craig Zabransky
    July 1, 2012 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Simply Awesome. Next time I am in Vegas, this is a must.
    stay adventurous, Craig

4. Pola (@jettingaround)
    July 1, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

This is way cool!! I can see this being a nice exercise before ‘real’ skydiving. And I like how you incorporated fashion talk into this post haha! :)

5. D.J. - The World of Deej
    July 2, 2012 at 5:20 am - Reply

We have one of these in Orlando, and I have often thought of giving it a try. Perhaps I should put that on the list…

6. The World Wanderer
    July 2, 2012 at 6:30 am - Reply

I am not ready to jump out of a plane, but this is something I’d definitely be up for. Thanks for the tips too! :)

7. John
    July 2, 2012 at 7:19 am - Reply

This looks like a blast and its something I’ve always wanted to try. How do you start? Do you just lay face down on the floor and then they turn the fan on? Or do you jump into it?

July 2, 2012 at 8:37 am - Reply

It’s wild, the first time they have you just lay down and they crank the fan up, the second time you can just jump right in.

8. Gerard ~ GQ trippin
    July 2, 2012 at 10:35 am - Reply

Q & I did this last year at iFly in the bay area… It was a lot more fun than I though it would be. I think indoor skydiving has always been in Vegas for quite some time before it blew up. Some of the experienced jumpers can get cuhrazee! Great video (as always) you guys!

July 2, 2012 at 4:42 pm - Reply

i heard about this! this is the ONLY skydiving i ever intend to do. since i’ve already taken stripper 101 in Vegas i need a new gig for next time i go. thanks for the tips including “you’re gonna drool”

10. Raul (ilivetotravel in Twitter)
    July 2, 2012 at 7:14 pm - Reply

I am with Leah that this is the closest to jumping from an actual plane that I would actually get – I like this and will certainly look to try it. I had the same question someone asked about you get started so I am glad you had answered that already :)

11. Francesca
    July 3, 2012 at 1:57 pm - Reply

I’ve also jumped out of an airplane before but I’d be willing to give this a go! I enjoyed my actual skydiving experience but wished the free fall had lasted longer. Well, I think I’ve found the solution!

12. Ruth
    July 31, 2012 at 1:38 pm - Reply

Wow. What CAN’T someone do in Las Vegas?! I wish I had known about indoor skydiving during my Vegas adventure last year–it sounds like quite the experience! To be frank, I’ve always wanted to try skydiving or bungee jumping. Have you bungee jumped? Which do you recommend to a daredevil newbie?