Travel Inspiration to Brighten the Day

Travel in and of itself is an inspiration to us. There are glorious times though that we love to see the intangible ether of our souls put down in words. There are those moments where you read something that so perfectly expresses what you feel that you cannot help but share it. Here are a few of our favorite quotes on adventure and travel at the moment as well as a few of our own thoughts.

IMG_4553

this-tap-was-a-life-tap-it-c1f787fa-sz500x639-animate

sea-39-bcb1140c-sz612x612-animate

invictus-4-12ef951c-sz500x660-animate

nice-9466-dc2c51fe-sz500x636-animate

travel-215-b77bef65-sz397x720-animate

yuh-17-5b4d43b0-sz600x830-animate

IMG_1341

IMG_4535

IMG_1342

IMG_4534

Captain and Clark

Captain and Clark at their finest

IMG_1343
IMG_1400

a58b2df10c6fd5341f2541bd5bb09df2

Do you have a favorite travel quote? Let us know in the comments below.

1. Colleen Brynn
    December 3, 2013 at 12:58 pm - Reply

Cute that you incorporated your own wee quotes in there.
    And I think I see 20 Years Hence’s blog title inspiration in there!
    Colleen Brynn recently posted…Sola In AnguillaMy Profile

2. SnarkyNomad
    December 3, 2013 at 3:54 pm - Reply

Bill Murray could say anything and it would be amazing. But that line is especially good.
    SnarkyNomad recently posted…36 awesomely awful backpacker pickup linesMy Profile

3. Maria
    December 3, 2013 at 7:42 pm - Reply

C&C – these are great. Appropriate for travel, work, relationships, LIFE.
    Maria recently posted…Haiku – Managed WildernessMy Profile

4. Cindy
    December 4, 2013 at 4:07 pm - Reply

Guys, I love your own quotes! hehe. It’s been a long time I did not read your blog, and I went to that Mexican place in Gothenburg (Sweden), and saw, again, this picture on the wall with Tawny and the owner… Then I thought “Oi, let’s check their blog” ^^

My favourite traveling one would be:

“wisdom is to have dreams that are big enough, not to lose sight when we pursue them”, Mr Wilde.

“I always wonder why birds chose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I asked myself the same question” Harun Yahya

“I think it’s healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person” Mr Wilde again.

cheers!
    Cindy
    Cindy recently posted…A weekend in IstanbulMy Profile

December 5, 2013 at 10:08 am - Reply

The fact that that picture exists continues to blow our minds. I think Captain and I need to plan a trip to Europe soon to see it.

5. Shaun Hoobler
    December 5, 2013 at 2:35 am - Reply

They sure did brighten up my day.
    Shaun Hoobler recently posted…recipesecrets.net couponMy Profile

6. Michael
    December 5, 2013 at 5:40 am - Reply

The “20 years from now..” quote is my favorite. I look back at things I missed out on when I was younger and go “Never again do I want to feel like that!”.
    Michael recently posted…Worlds Biggest Travel Bloggers Tell All – What Travel Means to MeMy Profile

7. Kieu
    December 6, 2013 at 11:54 pm - Reply

Took me longer than it should- but I finally got that docking duck one. 🙂
    Kieu recently posted…My Parents’ Story – Boat Ride to FreedomMy Profile

8. Renuka
    December 8, 2013 at 12:26 pm - Reply

Great quotes! True, travel quotes do inspire to travel, but the urge to travel is always there and it gets even fierier with such sayings!
    Renuka recently posted…Mehrangarh Fort – A Photo Essay (Part Two)My Profile

9. Adam
    December 10, 2013 at 1:25 pm - Reply

What a nice collection of quotes! I like that it started out with Marlene Dietrich. Love her!
    Adam recently posted…Go East! Why You Should Stay in East LondonMy Profile

10. Sebastian
    December 17, 2013 at 5:49 am - Reply

my favorite one is: “a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor” because this statement is not only true in terms of traveling but also in terms of life in general. Nobody will ever live the life of his or her dreams and become a master in something without experiencing a few waves that causes his boat of life to shake.
    Sebastian recently posted…Dec 16, What does Persistence mean in Terms of Seduction?My Profile

11. Gautham
    January 8, 2014 at 5:36 am - Reply

Hi,

Wow, great list of images to inspire budding adventurers to stay on track.

Thanks