TRAVEL BUCKET LIST!

As avid travelers, we’ve had our bucket list for years.  There are so many things that we want to learn and accomplish in the world.  It wasn’t until Maria from @LatinAbroad decided to provide an outlet for us to share our travel bucket lists.  Now, we get together every Wednesday (via twitter) and chat using the hashtag #TravelBL.  If you have a travel bucket list and want to get in on the fun, please feel free to join us on Wednesdays at noon at 6:16pm (EST).  It’s always a party!

Without further ado, our travel bucket list:

Items that only Tawny has checked off.
Items that only Chris has checked off.
Items that both Tawny and Chris have checked off.
Items that are anxiously waiting to be checked off.

Swim with dolphins

Visit all 50 states in the U.S.A.

See the Big 5 on an African safari.

See the Northern Lights/ Aurora Borealis

Be on The Amazing Race.

Float in the Dead Sea.

Yell “HEY! I’m walkin’ here!” at a cab in New York.

Hitchhike (in South Africa, Thailand, and the Galapagos)

Home-stay on the Mongolian plains.

Visit Machu Picchu.

Become PADI certified.

Take the trans-Siberian railroad.

Walk the Great Wall of China.

Karaoke in Korea.

Visit Mount Rushmore.

Sleep in a capsule hotel in Japan.

Pet kangaroos, wallabies, and wombats in Australia.

Receive sak yant tattoos in Thailand.

Visit the Taj Mahal, India.

View falcon training in the middle east.

See the wonders of the Galapagos

Get our pilots licenses.

Have a beer (or five) at Oktoberfest!

Take a road trip across the U.S.A.

Sponsored 3-week road trip from NYC to LA.

See panda bears up close in China.

Relax in Zanzibar.

Eat balut in the Philippines

Be knighted!

Explore Dracula’s castle in Romania.

Play with tigers in the Thailand.

See hot spring monkeys in Japan.

Make it to Antarctica.

Try cuy (guinea pig) in South America.

Experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Throw tomatoes at La Tomatina.

Picnic under the Eiffel Tower

Sail around the world.

Fly in a wing suit

Complete the Maverick Expedition. (We’re halfway there!)

Summit Mount Kilimanjaro

Hike to Everest base camp

Skydive

See the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

Russia Russia Russia!

Find witches and healers on Siquijor, Philippines.

Learn another language (French for Tawny, Spanish for Chris, and limited Korean for both)

Bungee Jump

Dive the Great Barrier Reef

Swim with sharks (with and without a cage)

Camp out in a desert in the middle east

Volunteer abroad. (will definitely continue to do so)

Relax in beautiful Bali.

Become a black belt in a martial art (Hapkido)

Swim with whale sharks.

Attend an Indian wedding.

Swim across the equator.

1. Maria Alexandra @latinAbroad
    October 5, 2011 at 8:21 am - Reply

FALCON TRAINING in the Middle East!? Now THAT’S something I would have NEVER thought of, even though I lived in the region for 16 months and everything! Love this concept, I’m being inspired by many of you. Thank you for helping spread the love for travel, GREAT list!

October 6, 2011 at 11:25 pm - Reply

Thank YOU for this new feature! We love going through everyone’s bucket lists for more inspiration. I#TravelBL also gives us something to look forward to on Wednesdays 🙂

2. Travel bucket list of the week & #TravelBL chat round-up LatinAbroad
    October 6, 2011 at 10:48 am - Reply

[…] Chris and Tawny’s travel bucket list You’ll be inspired by their list if you like: Swimming, wildlife, cultural experiences On […]

3. Ale
    October 10, 2011 at 12:50 pm - Reply

hey! I’ve started my own bucket list on http://www.wanderable.com/ – it’s quite easy to organise and share bucket list ideas with friends (and comment on them so you keep everything in one place!). It has also helped me cross things off my bucket list! But great ideas – I may steal a few! 😛

4. Anya
    October 10, 2011 at 9:45 pm - Reply

Great bucket list! We have so many items in common =) I just created mine a week ago: http://thecompulsivetraveler.wordpress.com/2011/09/16/my-ultimate-bucket-list/. Visiting Dracula castle and scuba diving at the Great Barrier Reef are my faves! And I’m so glad you want to explore Russia – it’s my motherland =).

October 10, 2011 at 10:39 pm - Reply

We desperately want to explore Russia! It looks like such a beautiful and diverse country. We’ll have to get some tips from you 🙂 Your bucket list is full of wonderful adventures. We can help you with #49 🙂

5. Erica
    October 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm - Reply

You guys have accomplished quite a bit together! The Thai tattoo one I really want but they want to outlaw it for tourists.

6. Curious Nomad
    July 23, 2012 at 11:42 pm - Reply

Awesome bucket list. I also want to sleep in a capsule hotel in Japan.

7. Christa Singleton
    October 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm - Reply

Awesome bucket list!! FYI….the cuy is gross. Maybe try alpaca instead? 🙂

8. Jennifer Kunkle-Clark
    June 11, 2013 at 12:59 pm - Reply

Great list. would never have though of a lot of those things. You should add a visit to the plains of Bagan in Myanmar to see the 2000+ pagodas.

9. Todd @ Visit50
    July 17, 2015 at 11:25 am - Reply

I love this post! I’ve done many of these, and a bunch of them are on my bucket list. Speaking of, I really need to post that on Visit50.com – soon!
    -Todd
    Todd @ Visit50 recently posted…Island Hopping in Bocas del Toro PanamaMy Profile