A peep at India.

We’ve officially been in India for a grand total of thirteen days.  I can’t believe that we haven’t even traveled the country for a full two weeks yet.  It seems like it was a lifetime ago that our plane touched down in Mumbai at three in the morning.  We’ve seen, eaten, and experienced so much since then.  Who knows what the following two weeks will hold.

Before we left for India we skyped with our good friend Brock, from Backpack With Brock.  He spent two months living in India and was extremely helpful in giving us tips and advice for this exquisite country.  The one thing he kept telling us was that we needed to accept the fact that things just wouldn’t make sense.  The sooner we became accustomed to this fact, the easier and more fun our trip would be.

Backpacking through India video

Friends, I can’t tell you just how right he was.  The one word I would use to describe India would be bamboozling.  Is that even a real word?  If not, I can’t think of another word that could possibly describe this country.  I’m constantly perplexed at even the smallest of things here.  There are cows, monkeys, boars, and dogs that aimlessly roam the streets, acquiring tickets to anything requires you to navigate a maze of confusion, and nice hotel rooms can be found for under five dollars a night.

That being said, India is one hell of a place.

Our apologies for not posting as often.  The internet here is one shady lady and we never know when we’ll come across decent wi-fi.  We have been able to get a few videos uploaded though.  Take a sneak peek at what makes India so incredible.  You can also follow the twitter hashtag #traveltheworld4less to stay up to date on our crazy adventures.

1. Kent @ NVR
    November 7, 2012 at 1:47 pm - Reply

We’ve been wondering about you two. Can’t wait for full deets when you return. $5 for a room???

2. Colleen Brynn
    November 7, 2012 at 6:06 pm - Reply

Oh man, how cute are you guys! Love the video… I can’t wait to see India!

November 13, 2012 at 5:19 am - Reply

have never made it to india, so watching your trip closely!! 😉 loved the video (what a surprise!)

November 13, 2012 at 10:15 am - Reply

i’m telling you, india has always been low on our list, but between you guys and gerard & kieu, we want to go more and more!!

November 14, 2012 at 12:20 am - Reply

Awesome! I’m so glad y’all finally made it. Thanks for another great video. 🙂

6. Raul (@ilivetotravel)
    November 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Phenomenal video!! Now I want to go too! Chris, nice job with the British accent. Or was it Australian. I do wish there had been a label on the places you showed so I could have taken notes!!! 🙂 Enjoy the rest of the trip and we wait eagerly for more from you!

November 14, 2012 at 6:59 pm - Reply

Nice video and some amazing dance moves by Tawny. I hope you are having an amazing time.

8. Francesca
    November 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm - Reply

$5 a night? For realz?! Still don’t know if that’s enough to get me to India. Looks like you guys are really enjoying yourselves, though!

9. D.J. - The World of Deej
    November 15, 2012 at 4:02 pm - Reply

Your videos really make my day…just so you know:) “It’s balls hot.” Haha

10. Craig Zabransky
    November 16, 2012 at 4:41 am - Reply

Nice images here… some ancient sites with some modern music… seems like that’s India.
    stay adventurous, Craig

11. Ruth
    December 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm - Reply

Things “just not making sense” in India seems to be a popular viewpoint. A friend of mine just finished a year long internship in India and she was always struck by how many people/animals/things were around her constantly. From what it sounded, it was exhausting just to go outside at times. Though I think this would make for an exciting vacation, I wonder how people can live with that kind of busy activity day in and day out. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, though.
    Ruth recently posted…The Unconventional Guide to Alaska: 10 Weird Alaska Attractions to See Before Your DieMy Profile