The Doors of Croatia

Tawny and I have only spent four days in Croatia but we are already deeply in love with this gorgeous country. We’ve been having too much fun to write much but we wanted to give you all a taste of what we’ve seen. As travel is a door to the world it seemed only fitting to focus a little on some of the best doors we’ve seen while traveling. Consider this a bit of a scavenger hunt too. We’ll give mad props to anyone who can tell us where any of these doors was photographed. Although, yes, they’re all from Croatia. IMG_2025 IMG_2474 IMG_2564 IMG_2593 IMG_2594 IMG_2596 IMG_2598 IMG_2599 IMG_2622 IMG_2707 IMG_2780 IMG_2782 IMG_2783Stay tuned, we’ve got some more gorgeous photos coming from some of the most splendid places this country has to offer. Until then, Merry Christoberfest!

1. Renuka
    October 15, 2013 at 1:26 am - Reply

Nice doors, and unique idea! Yes, looking forward to more photos of Croatia 🙂
    Renuka recently posted…5 Best ‘Solo Travel’ Destinations In IndiaMy Profile

2. Jessica
    October 15, 2013 at 6:20 am - Reply

Hey I love all the doors! I always take pictures of doors but I have yet to actually do a door post, I should get on that. We are going to Croatia in Jan ’14 for a couple of months, any suggestions?

3. Maria
    October 15, 2013 at 8:35 am - Reply

The detail on some of these and the colors – Wow!
    I wonder how old they are and if they were always where they hang now – the stories they could tell.
    Maria recently posted…We Deliver!My Profile

4. Mike and Tara Myers
    October 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm - Reply

Clever post! we too, are looking forward to Croatia. We are in Ireland now but soon intend to head east…keep traveling and posting. Mike and Tara at Kissing tour.com
    Mike and Tara Myers recently posted…“Dingle bells, Dingle bells…”My Profile

5. Hogga
    October 15, 2013 at 2:45 pm - Reply

such a variety
    Hogga recently posted…Seeing Montreal with Le St. MartinMy Profile

6. SnarkyNomad
    October 15, 2013 at 6:07 pm - Reply

I feel like I’m playing a game of Myst. Anyone? Anyone? Oh well. I like these roundups. Doorknobs are fun, too. Somehow inanimate objects become interesting when they’re grouped with their buddies.
    SnarkyNomad recently posted…5 dumb things backpack designers need to stop doingMy Profile

7. Kirsten Alana
    October 16, 2013 at 1:01 am - Reply

I thought I was catching a lot of good doors but you definitely have some I never noticed. My favorite is the turquoise wood door that’s arched. So gorgeous.

And I’m falling in love with this country too! So glad to be traveling with you through it.
    Kirsten Alana recently posted…Rally School with Brite SpokesMy Profile

8. Charu
    October 16, 2013 at 8:22 am - Reply

Love the fact there are antique-looking and postmodern doors! A real mix of tastes!

9. Jeff
    October 21, 2013 at 12:38 am - Reply

You guys always have a unique idea. Missing a blog post here is like missing a breakfast. The shots are awesome. They may seem old but lovely.
    Jeff recently posted…Weekly RoundupMy Profile

10. Susie Lampman
    December 3, 2013 at 2:59 am - Reply

My favorite door is the least good-looking. The door on the rocks.
    Susie Lampman recently posted…Poker Training ReportMy Profile